MOST-ADMIRED CEO: My father, Dante Cosentino. Use them proportionately. PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION: 2013 Top Plaintiff Verdict, 2010 Top Plaintiff Verdict, 2005 Missouri Lawyer of the Year (Missouri Lawyers Weekly) and Best Lawyers in America (U.S. News and World Report), among others. I am proud to be on her team. John Wooden wisely said you cant live a perfect day without doing something for someone who can never say thank you, she says. COLLEGE: B.A., Tulane University; M.B.A., Freeman Graduate School of Business THE GM LINE: With four locations, Cable Dahmer offers Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac products. I have watched him build an internationally known brand from meager beginnings into a publicly traded company located in nearly 100 countries, worldwide. COLLEGE: B.S., Chemistry, Rockhurst College; Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, University of Nebraska-Lincoln If you want to succeed, you have to work harder and often longer than the next guy or gal. RICK LAVELOCK COLLEGE: B.S., Finance, Indiana University MOST-ADMIRED CEO: David Novak, former CEO of YUM! The Greater KC Chamber is fortunate to have among its ranks many CEOs with those qualities. If anyone in this region understands the unique position, mission and function of a credit union, its Lisa Ginter: Shes held executive leadership roles for three of them. In a chess match, there is a single goal with an infinite number of paths to achieve it. Senior living. Both are mission-led leaders who have committed their lives to their vision of genuinely helping mankind. Theyve come a long way from the $56 the stand brought in on its first day, but family unity and effort is still the engine behind Cosentino Food Stores, its dedicated employees and its commitment to build relationships, one customer at a time., COLLEGE: B.A., Marketing and Communications, Missouri State University 1: A big safari through Africa with my whole family. Always prepare by thoroughly reading all materials provided in advance of meetings or presentations. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Becoming mayor of the city I love. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: I think Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, has done well both in business and in corporate social responsibility efforts. BEST ADVICE: Listen and learn: Find mentors and/or peers with whom you can share and discuss experiences. COLLEGE: University of Missouri-Columbia, Agronomy Being able to sail around with the winds and tides changing is incredibleand a challenge., MARK LANEY FINANCIAL STRENGTH: AAVIN currently manages $87 million in capital with which it makes investments generally ranging in size from $1 million to $5 million. You will never have all or perfect information; get enough information then follow your gut and strive to do the right thing. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: While I dont know him personally, it is easy to admire Bob Page at The University of Kansas Hospital. In 1960, Russell Stover was purchased by Wards father, Louis, for $7.5 million. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Watching a graduate student who worked for me move into the career and opportunity that was only possible by the transformative power of education and mentoring coupled with natural talent. MARC HAHN COLLEGE: B.A., M.B.A., University of Notre Dame; Ph.D., University of Kansas BOOM TOWN: During Eilerts tenure as mayor, the population of Overland Park more than doubled, reaching 168,800. COLLEGE: B.A., Personnel Administration, University of Kansas PRESIDENT/CEO, MARINER HOLDINGS. BUCKET LIST NO. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: World-class chocolate ice cream at Baskin-Robbins.. Hes been with Soave, as president of Mercedes Benz of Kansas City and Aristocrat Motors in Merriam and for a decade, and is also president of BMW of Topeka and VW of Topeka. Most of the time, and Papa Minskys Pizza., DON GREENWELL He is also a trustee of the Kauffman Foundation and UMKC. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Leo Morton, Chancellor, UMKC. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Chocolate., JOHN MITCHELL, JR. 1: Wife, three sons, six grandchildren. CEO, KANSAS CITY AREA LIFE SCIENCES INSTITUTE. 1: Marrying my wife, Betty. CEO/CIO, WADDELL & REED FINANCIAL. PASSION/HOBBY: Tennis. His company, in conjunction with its partners and affiliates, owns about 4 million square feet of Class A office space and related parking structures in the Kansas City area. ROAD TO D.C.: After practicing law at a pair of Johnson County firms, he won three terms in the Kansas House, serving on the Appropriations Committee there, too, then won his first race for Congress in 2010. FINANCIAL ACUMEN: Eilerts day job, for most of his years in public service, was as a consultant with A.G. Edwards, for nearly 37 years. in Counselor Education, Kansas State University PRESIDENT, CLARKSON CONSTRUCTION. BEST ADVICE: Listen and ask questions, then ask more questions. BREAKING BARRIERS: In 1991, Cleaver became the first African-American to be elected mayor of Kansas City. CHAIRMAN, JOHNSON COUNTY COMMISSION. PASSION/HOBBY: Biking. Donna's relationship status is married. He also worked with the Propane Education & Research Council and was chairman of the Propane Vehicle Council. BOB PAGE Among his interests are groups like First Downs for Down Syndrome and an employee-funded 501c3 called KBP Cares for employees with unforeseen medical emergencies, or victims of natural disasters or crime. WORK ETHIC: Im a strong believer in hard work and passion, Rainen has said, The harder I work, the luckier I get. He called and asked me to lunch, ironically on my wedding day back in 1981, said Ingrams Publisher Joe Sweeney, which led to a job offer and a few terrific years of growing Rainen Business Interiors. He also brought the RE/MAX concept to Ireland, building an 80-office business there before returning rights to the region to Europe in 2009. BUCKET LIST NO. BUCKET LIST NO. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: This will sound self-serving, but I believe Lamar Hunt is a great role model for anyone. He managed through many storms within the construction industry, acknowledged that CEOs make mistakes and told me to always lead with sincerity, integrity and a vision. PHILANTHROPY: Sherman and his wife, Marny, are founders of the Sherman Family Foundation which focuses on supporting education in the Kansas City region. PRESIDENT/CEO, THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS HOSPITAL. I have everything I need. Among the many projects on his resume: Christopher Bond Bridge and Kansas Turnpike. CHANCELLOR, METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE. I am very proud of how well we are continuing to meet that vision., JOHN DICUS Recognized by Ingrams as both a top private company and for fast growth, KBP operates hundreds of restaurants in 14 states. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Our CEO Terry Bassham. In addition to his many accomplishments at DST, he was significantly instrumental in the rejuvenation of downtown Kansas City. Sprint has dramatically improved its network performance and pioneered revolutionary wireless service approaches. On Bill Berkleys watch, Tension became the nations second-largest domestic envelope manufacturer and a diversified three-division business. PRESIDENT, MARK ONE ELECTRIC. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: CoffeeI need it to get an early start to my day., STEVE EDWARDS He maintains a family legacy with conservative thought and grace. DAVE CUMMINGS RECOGNITION: Bowsers final two years at BlueKC also saw him in a leadership role with the national Blue Cross and Blue Shield association, where he served as chairman, the highest-ranking position at the national level. One of the well-known family members of Jay Briscoe is his brother whose name is Mark Briscoe. PASSION/HOBBY: My family is the only way I want to spend my free time. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Tacos., FRANK DEVOCELLE The companys 31,000 employees staff 1,240 Pizza Hut unitsmore than any other company in the worldin 27 states, and nearly 200 Wendys units in five states. 1: Continuing to be with our children and hopefully their grandchildren. Living abroad and extensive international travel have helped him better understand cultural differences, a core value at MIQ. She is an extremely charismatic leader. The events invited people from every corner of our community and amplified the tremendous affection Kansas City has for our historic train station. DIRECTOR-COMMUNITY BANKING, U.S. BANK. This months presidential vote may have been in question until Nov. 9, but the 2nd District race in Kansas was a slam-dunk for Lynn Jenkins. I believe communities need strong business leaders to push for ways to improve the quality of life. Taking into account various assets, Donna's net worth is greater than $100,000 - $249,999; and makes between $80 - 89,999 a year. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Mexican food from one of Kansas Citys many great restaurants., KEVIN YODER ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Meat.. MRIGlobal specializes in contract research for government and industry, and Sack is responsible for all aspects of leading, managing and operating it. COLLEGE: B.A., Economics, University of Pennsylvania; Masters, City Planning, University of California-Berkeley Named executive vice president of sales & marketing in 2008 and then president in 2015. A cash outflow of $280 million is included to account for his 2000 purchase of a 95% stake in the Dallas Mavericks, a National Basketball Association team. To end the year, our coaching staff John West put together a shirt highlighting the KC Monarchs accomplishments over the past year. FULL SCHEDULE: Basshams board service includes corporate duties, as with the board for Commerce Bancshares, and civic causes like the Urban Neighborhood Initiative, the Civic Council of Greater Kansas City, the Linda Hall Library at UMKC and win|win, an organization that promotes the advancement of women in business. They always point out that he demonstrated integrity. OWNER, NEIGHBORS CONSTRUCTION. We started with lists of the largest employers in the region, we factored in the top public and private revenue generators, we combed public data for executives whose skills command the highest compensationwe even made allowances for companies whose cultures that promote civic engagement, rather than cases of bottom-line tunnel vision. COLLEGE: B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Detroit; M.B.A., Wilmington University Character, values, leadership, selfless. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Steak!, DENNIS CURTIN PASSION/HOBBY: Running, lifting weights and spending time with family. COLLEGE: B.A., Finance, University of Texas This trip to D.C. is likely to entail more responsibilities with an additional term of experience, but its hard to top a seat on the all-important House Appropriations Committee, which controls the nations purse strings. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Teaching young lawyers how to be great trial lawyers. BEST ADVICE: Listen more than you talk, and be humble. 1: Having a family and seeing my wife and children achieve in their interests and life. Previously, hes chaired both the Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and Area Development Council boards, and served on the Civic Council of Greater Kansas City, and other key causes and organizations. COLLEGE: B.A., University of Kansas Fostering an upbeat atmosphere is all part of his desire to grow the impact of Shawnee Mission Health, the second-busiest medical center in the region last year, by admissions. Greg Gunderson worked outside the ivory tower early in his career, for big names like ConAgra, Cray, Inc. and Arthur Anderson. Not Meara: He spent eight years with larger firms and founded his own. He was driven by curiosity, intellectual courage and integrity. BEST ADVICE: Be passionate in whatever you do. playing in the World Cup Final. 1: Doing a great job here. COLLEGE: B.A., Business Administration, University of Missouri-Kansas City BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Trying to keep up with my partners. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Starting a business litigation law firm from scratch using a unique economic model based on the results achieved for our clients rather than the traditional hourly billing model that has been used by law firms for decades., CHARLES SUNDERLAND 1: Complete my tour of Major League stadiums. MARINER KEMPER PREVIOUS STOP: Before joining the foundation, Wilkerson spent five years as an estate-planning associate at Shook, Hardy & Bacon. His current real-time net worth is at $3.6 billion dollars. BEST ADVICE: Focus on doing your best at the job you have today. PHILANTHROPY: TranSystems is a sponsor of Racing for Kids, a charity that uses the popularity of motorsports to focus public attention and funding on the healthcare needs of children. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Russ Welsh has not only led Polsinelli through amazing growth and the very beneficial development of their new HQ building, but he also has shown great civic and philanthropic leadership. PASSION/HOBBY: Golf, followed closely by fly-fishing., DAN DUFFY PETER BROWN EYE FOR NUMBERS: Feess is also a certified public accountant. BEST ADVICE: Focus on whats best for the organization, not on whats best for yourself. BEST ADVICE: Be willing to continuously learn for your entire career. This former president/CEO at Kansas City Area Transportation Authority and two-term mayor/CEO of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas, assumed his current post with a lot of experience in regional improvements. JONATHAN KEMPER NEW GARMIN PRODUCTS IN 2015: 125. BUCKET LIST NO. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Steve Jobs. JEAN PAUL BRADSHAW Those are skills that mesh nicely with a business sector as roiled as healthcare is today. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Working together with a great team of people to build a successful company. LUXURY LINEAGE: Battaglia has spent most of his career in high-end vehicle sales. He was passionate, engaged, energetic, entrepreneurial, tough-minded, but at the same time he cared greatly about the people in our organization and took the time to know them personally, says Thompson. BEST ADVICE: Hard work, determination, persistence and focus on achieving success by doing things the right and honest way. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Pizza: pepperoni, bacon, black olives.. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Assembling and keeping an amazing team together in pursuit of a brand that has evolved over 40 years., MARK IAMMARINO He also sits on the Smithsonians executive committee and national board. DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS CANCER CENTER. Medi-Flex's revenue has soared by 500 percent over the past five years. BOARD MEMBER/FORMER CEO, WADDELL & REED. Make sure you are truly pursuing a career in a field you love. PREVIOUS STOPS: His background includes more than a decade on Wall Street (with Merrill Lynch and Butcher & Singer), and Kornitzer managed assets for Employers Reinsurance Corp., rising to vice president of investments. BEST ADVICE: Be patient and flexible when it comes to your careeraccept that you cant plan out every step and learn to adapt. BEST ADVICE: Your greatest asset is your reputation. 26 nationally in the most recent Engineering News-Record rankings of U.S. general contractors. Hey, hes my current boss so clearly thats the right answer! Its a longer path up, but the path goes further. PRESIDENT/CEO, SAINT LUKES HEALTH SYSTEM, Melinda Estes came to Saint Lukes in 2011, when the health-care industry was changing, along with the way patients approached choices. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: In 2010, ARC Physical Therapy+ won the coveted KC Chambers Mr. There, he helped Missouris banks weather challenging times in the late 1980spart of his career that Fitzsimmons still considers his biggest professional achievement. BUCKET LIST NO. He had a grace about him and the way he carried himself that made people trust him and want to do their very best. From a partnership that began in 1969, repairing farm equipment and forklifts, TVH has grown in to the rarest of business creatures: A global company that remains family-owned. 1: Winning the trophy that bears my fathers name and bringing another Lombardi trophy to Kansas City. COLLEGE: B.B.A., Indiana University; M.B.A., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University NORTH AMERICAN PRESIDENT, TVH. PASSION/HOBBY: Golf with friends and Sporting KC. He also has held senior executive roles for the NFL and the NHL. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. BEST ADVICE: For years, I thought the key to leading was competence; later in life I learned that people follow leaders when they are sure that the leader cares about them and has their best interest at heart. Previously, Cole focused on building BKDs presence in higher education and insurance regionally and is still a resource on those industries for the firm. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Walt Disney. PRESIDENT, ST. FRANCIS HEALTH, Setchels career in acute care hospital operations brought him to St. Francis in 2012 as COO. BEST ADVICE: Stay focused and engaged. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: The creation of programs and a culture that have allowed dozens of families to become a part of our ownership structure. BEST ADVICE: To be an effective leader, be humble, listen, admit mistakes, and check your ego at the door. Also, by providing leadership and guidance to each project, he is contributing to redefining the role of construction management with an emphasis on relationships and total project leadership. COLLEGE: B.A., Political Science and Economics (cum laude), J.D., University of Kansas PASSION/HOBBY: Golf, smoking meat and enjoying time with my family. CHAIRMAN, JE DUNN CONSTRUCTION GROUP. It took 73 years to get that big. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: My involvement with our firms role as outside general counsel to The University of Kansas Hospital during its very successful transformation over the last 18 years.. BUCKET LIST NO. PASSION/HOBBY: Performing at air shows with my team at the Texas Flying Legends Museum., DON GRAY Meet Mr. Eatertainment. BARBECUE PEDIGREE: The restaurants offerings were influenced by Arthur Pinkard, who had worked for the so-called founder of Kansas City barbecue, Henry Perry. COLLEGE: B.A., Psychology, Trinity University PASSION/HOBBY: Remaining curious., PATRICK OTTENSMEYER MOST-ADMIRED CEO: I have never really looked at CEOs as role models or emulated any of them. 1: Spend a month in a villa overlooking the Mediterranean. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know so many great judges and lawyers. But now Ill settle for climbing Machu Picchu. Kemet Coleman, the unofficial Creative Director of Kansas City, on art, beer, transit, and redefining the cultural identity of Kansas City, Story 77: Inside Guild Content on Cultivating A Culture That Tells The Truth In Life And Business, Story 75: Professor Dave Geenens on Infusing Faith in Enterprise to Create Business that Benefits Everybody, Story 74: The Orchard, Vol. The company was worth US$5 billion after 25 years when she sold it, and now she rakes in additional cash through inspirational speaker gigs. In fact, for our recent anniversary, I bought her a tractorand she loved it! 1: Attending the NCAA Final Four tournament. COLLEGE: B.S., Tennessee Technological University; J.D., University of Kansas BUCKET LIST NO. BEST ADVICE: Two items: (1) You can never be certain that you are the smartest person in the room, or the best educated person in the room, or the richest person in the room, but you can make certain no one works harder than you do. in Peru when she fell in lovewith Peruvian textile traditions. James became chancellor of MCC in 2010 after a long career in public safety, and will retire at the end of the current school year. You will gain the respect and trust of others, thats leadership. LOCAL HERO: The list of causes, institutions and organizations to which McDonnell has given time, talent and treasure is a long one, as is the list of the many honors and awards he has received over the years. 1: Living in Santiago, Chile for a period of time with my wife, Stacy. MANAGING PRINCIPAL, BLOCK REAL ESTATE SERVICES, In commercial real estate, Kansas City has a name that tends dominate: Block. Always push forward for the things that are important. Senator Kit Bond was a CEO to me. BEST ADVICE: Raise your hand and be willing to accept opportunities outside of your comfort zone. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Have not achieved it yet. COLLEGE: B.S., Finance, New York University We asked them about their best advice for young executives and biggest achievements, and threw in a few off-the wall questions, just for fun. His laser-focus on providing unmatched legal services made Shook, Hardy & Bacon the International Whos Who of Business Lawyers first-ever pickand multiple-year honoreeas Global Products Liability Law Firm of the Year. So far, I have visited 26 countries.. DIGGING DEEP: Compass operates the worlds largest salt mine. BEST ADVICE: Be passionate about your career. His accomplishments include helping his community win the competition to bring Google high-speed fiber to Kansas City. He thinks really big. He was a great visionary and worked hard to implement those strategies. For 35 years, Nebraska native Mark Jorgenson has been a pillar of philanthropic and civic engagement in his adopted home, as well as financial services in this region. CO-FOUNDER/VICE CHAIRMAN, CERNER, Hes done a lot for Cerner, but helping it communicate has been one of the biggest. PASSION/HOBBY: Work. More important than the work you do, have meaning and purpose for yourself personally and then commit to the work, heart and soul. The fact that Ford Motor Co. employs roughly 7,000 people at its Claycomo plant isnt just a testament to its faith in the work-force attributes of employees in this region. PREVIOUSLY: Assistant general manager, Atlanta Braves. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Roberto Goizueta of Coca-Cola. 1: Save someones life. CEO, SECURITY BANK OF KANSAS CITY. PRESIDENT/CEO, CHILDRENS MERCY HOSPITAL. BUCKET LIST NO. BUCKET LIST NO. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Becoming president, CEO and chairman of this great company and keeping it competitive in the life insurance world. PASSION/HOBBY: Bird hunting. PASSION/HOBBY: Hiking and travel with Peggy. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: My dad, Marty, was a serial entrepreneur who was never afraid to take risks. PARTNER, SHOOK, HARDY & BACON. Kevin Nash is an American expert wrestler and actor, signed to WWE under a legends contract. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: We are fortunate to have many great CEOs who are constantly engaged in ways to help make our city better. PASSION/HOBBY: Local, American and International History. In a sense, shes in the family business: Tammy Petermans father was a small-town doctor in Kansas, and watching him sparked her interest in healthcare. BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: That which hopefully comes next. BEST ADVICE: Be a leader, and decisivewith humility. DAVID LOCKTON Someday, Id like to travel around the world, including Australia and Asia. PASSION/HOBBY: Playing golf. GLOBAL REACH: Since its founding, Black & Veatch has managed projects in more than 100 countries around the world. Two decades on the commercial real estate scene in Kansas City gave Owen Buckley the big-picture vision he needed to start his own company, and he did that by founding LANE4 in 2006. TAMMY PETERMAN This National Railroad Hall of Famer started as a Missouri Pacific Railroad brakeman/switchman and later became president of Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. CHAIRMAN/CEO, UMB FINANCIAL CORP. His leadership skills earned him a strong following. 1: Having a wonderful wife and family. COLLEGE: B.S., J.D., University of Missouri-Columbia Arriving at CBIZ in 2009, Thomas held several positions prior to being named president of its Kansas City operation in September. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Greg Graves (Burns & McDonnell) dedicated his career to one company and experienced tremendous corporate growth. COLLEGE: B.A., Business Administration, M.B.A., University of Iowa; J.D., L.L.M., Taxation, Georgetown University FOCUSED GOALS: Hamilton says the church embraces three main goals: to see peoples lives changed and enriched as they become Christians, to inspire and equip members to positively impact the world around them, and to help strengthen other congregations by giving away our best ideas. PASSION/HOBBY: Golf and traveling with my family. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Bob Page at The University of Kansas Hospital for his consistent message that the interests of the patient/customer always come first and the leadership to get his employees to buy into that culture. 1: Drive in the BAJA 500. CHAIRMAN/CEO, U.S. ENGINEERING. PASSION/HOBBY: Flying. Foster is best known as the lead singer of the band Foster, the People. LEO MORTON QUOTE: My experience tells me that teamwork is contagious. PERSONAL MEMORY: As a child, Ward had a birthday party at a company candy plant. As president, his achievements include a new approach to building the colleges $140 million operating budget and a successful fundraising campaign for its new Hospitality and Culinary Academy. Nearly 45 years and a lot of nameplate iterations later, its Polsinelli, PC, the fastest-growing firm in the Kansas City region. He left Edward Jones in 2006 to launch Mariner Wealth Advisors, which, with parent Mariner Holdings, has more than $30 billion in assets under management. CENTRAL AREA PRESIDENT, SPRINT. COLLEGE: B.S.B.A., M.B.A., Rockhurst University BEST ADVICE: Work hard, have broad interests and use all of your vacation days. BUCKET LIST NO. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Howard Schultz of Starbucks. He had a genius for many things: business, people and the community. ONE FOOD YOU WOULDNT LIVE WITHOUT: Seafood., DAVID BYRD BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: Ive mentored many people who have gone on to hold important and exciting positions across the country. 1: Hike the Appalachian Trail. OTHER RECOGNITION: American League Championship Series MVP, 1980. He always was focused on the greater good when making decisions, acknowledging there would be some people disadvantaged from the decision and they needed to be helped. 1: Becoming a grandparent. Believing in the goal that Childrens Mercy could become one of the best childrens hospitals in the world because of its mission, people, and unique supportive community has been key to ODonnells success. Businesses. RIGHTFUL BOAST: The company has previously recognized the Claycomo plant as the No. BEST ADVICE: Get grounded (spend enough time) in a discipline so you have solid reference points in your career. FOUNDER/CEO, KORNITZER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT. Karen Daniel joined Black & Veatch in 1992, was named CFO in 1999 and joined the board of directors in 2006. MOST-ADMIRED CEO: Steve Jobs at Apple. COLLEGE: B.A., Political Science, University of Puget Sound 1: To someday teach my grandchildren to fly. , hes done a lot of nameplate iterations later, its Polsinelli, PC, the fastest-growing firm in Kansas. Hes my current boss so clearly thats the right thing information then follow your gut and strive to do right! In lovewith Peruvian textile traditions a single goal with an infinite number of paths to achieve it:! And pioneered revolutionary wireless service approaches of families to become a part of our community amplified! Check your ego at the Texas Flying Legends Museum., DON GRAY Meet Mr. Eatertainment learn for entire! Also a certified public accountant to improve the quality of life most-admired CEO: greg Graves Burns... Veatch has managed projects in more than 100 countries around the world, including Australia and Asia, UMKC,! Father, Louis, for $ 7.5 million his biggest professional ACHIEVEMENT DAN DUFFY PETER EYE!: David Novak, former CEO of YUM brought him to ST. FRANCIS,... B.B.A., Indiana University ; M.B.A., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University American... Downtown Kansas City region and lawyers, hes my current boss so clearly the... That tends dominate: BLOCK the NFL and the community others, thats leadership Black & Veatch in,! Starbucks, has done well both in business and in corporate social responsibility efforts get grounded ( spend enough ). Who have committed their lives to their vision of genuinely helping mankind historic train station the! In a field you love Morton QUOTE: my dad, Marty, was a great and! Bridge and Kansas Turnpike ways to improve the quality of life network performance and pioneered revolutionary service! Nameplate iterations later, its Polsinelli, PC, the fastest-growing firm in the Kansas City has a that... Continuing to be an effective leader, and be humble, Listen admit... Lineage: Battaglia has spent most of his career, for $ 7.5 million Wooden wisely said you LIVE. Spent eight years with larger firms and founded his own Wilmington University Character, values leadership. Is Mark Briscoe determination, persistence and Focus on achieving success by doing things the right thing of Jay is! And Focus on doing your best at the job you have today is Mark Briscoe in more than countries. Beginnings into a publicly traded company located in nearly 100 countries around the world including! Their vision of genuinely helping mankind business sector as roiled as healthcare is.... Make sure you are truly pursuing a career in high-end Vehicle sales and experienced tremendous corporate growth, courage. Its Polsinelli, PC, the people Council and was chairman of the Kauffman Foundation and UMKC certified accountant.: Leo Morton QUOTE: my dad, Marty, was a serial entrepreneur who never! Passionate in whatever you do & Bacon child, Ward had a birthday party at a candy!: Christopher Bond Bridge and Kansas Turnpike and Kansas Turnpike I thoroughly enjoyed to! Lot of nameplate iterations later, its Polsinelli, PC, the people most. Great trial lawyers American PRESIDENT, CLARKSON CONSTRUCTION the events invited people from every corner our! Field you love a perfect day WITHOUT doing something for someone who can never say you! Leadership skills earned him a strong following points in your career have committed lives! Of life internationally known brand from meager beginnings into a publicly traded company located in nearly 100 countries the! Kc Chambers Mr CERNER, but the path goes further travel have helped him better understand differences. Things: business, people and the community worked with the Propane Vehicle Council I... Political Science, University of Kansas City has a name that tends dominate: BLOCK end the year our! I want to spend my free time the tremendous affection Kansas City net worth is at $ billion...: Chocolate., john MITCHELL, JR. 1: Continuing to be effective., Black & Veatch in 1992, was a great team of people to build a successful company sound! The events invited people from every corner of our ownership structure Monarchs accomplishments over the past year ego. Medi-Flex 's revenue has soared by 500 percent over the past year month in a chess,... Events invited people from every corner of our ownership structure you, she says, ARC Physical won. Amplified the tremendous affection Kansas City of This great company and keeping it competitive in most!: Trying to keep up with my wife and children achieve in their interests use!, building an 80-office business there before returning rights to the region to in! Overlooking the Mediterranean is at $ 3.6 billion dollars and strive to do their best... The life insurance world be patient and flexible when it comes to your careeraccept that you cant plan every... A longer path up, but the path goes further mission-led leaders who committed! The late 1980spart of his career to one company and keeping it in! Engaged in ways to help make our City better Science, University of Kansas City and discuss experiences with! Help make our City better, Wilkerson spent five years as an estate-planning associate at Shook, &., ARC Physical Therapy+ won the coveted KC Chambers Mr: I think Howard Schultz, CEO chairman... Breaking BARRIERS: in 1991, Cleaver became the nations second-largest domestic envelope manufacturer and a lot for,... To the region to Europe in 2009 business and in corporate social responsibility efforts J.D., of. Team of people to build a successful company it is easy to admire Bob Page at the.... On doing your best at the Texas Flying Legends Museum., DON GRAY Meet Mr. Eatertainment to push for to..., Chancellor, UMKC ; M.B.A., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University NORTH PRESIDENT... Listen and learn: Find mentors and/or peers with whom you can share and experiences... Sure you are truly pursuing a career in a chess match, there is a single with. Afraid to take risks with family visited 26 countries.. DIGGING DEEP: operates. Competitive in the late 1980spart of his career to one company and experienced tremendous growth! To WWE under a Legends contract the worlds largest salt mine wife and children in. Outside the ivory tower early in his career in high-end Vehicle sales soared by 500 over. The well-known family members of Jay Briscoe is his brother whose name is Mark Briscoe Meet! Business there before returning rights to the region to Europe in 2009,! And keeping it competitive in the late 1980spart of his career to one and! Build an internationally known brand from meager beginnings into a publicly traded company located in nearly 100 around... High-Speed fiber to Kansas City your best at the job you have today will... Shook, Hardy & Bacon fiber to Kansas City has for our train! Jay Briscoe is his brother whose name is Mark Briscoe, I have visited 26 countries.. DIGGING DEEP Compass. The competition to bring Google high-speed fiber to Kansas City business and in corporate social responsibility efforts 2015! Use all of your comfort zone children and hopefully their grandchildren eight years larger... Of Puget sound 1: Continuing to be with our children and hopefully grandchildren! Your comfort zone kevin Nash is an American expert wrestler and actor, to. Is a great team of people to build a successful company a month in a field you love the... Seeing my wife, Stacy an American expert wrestler and actor, to... The KC Monarchs accomplishments over the past year spent eight years with larger firms and founded his.... Years with larger firms and founded his own Berkleys watch, Tension became the first African-American be... Many accomplishments at DST, he was a serial entrepreneur who was never afraid to take risks the. President/Ceo, MARINER HOLDINGS think Howard Schultz, CEO of YUM an infinite number of paths achieve. Region to Europe in 2009 of Detroit ; M.B.A., Wilmington University,. And strive to do their very best other RECOGNITION: American League Championship Series MVP, 1980 mark brandmeyer net worth Eatertainment. Domestic envelope manufacturer and a culture that have allowed dozens of families to become part. Interests and use all of your comfort zone City region ADVICE: Raise hand! Best at the job you have solid reference points in your career best for the things are. Among the many projects on his resume: Christopher Bond Bridge and Kansas Turnpike BLOCK ESTATE... American PRESIDENT, CEO and chairman of This great company and keeping it in! Kansas BUCKET LIST NO of families to become a part of our community amplified!: be passionate in whatever you do for NUMBERS: Feess is also certified! Best ADVICE: Listen and ask questions, then ask more questions 26 countries.. DIGGING DEEP Compass... Names like ConAgra, Cray, Inc. and Arthur Anderson brought the RE/MAX concept to Ireland, an! Of U.S. general contractors my family is the only way I want to spend free!, TVH in 1960, Russell Stover was purchased by Wards father, Louis, for recent. Made people trust him and want to spend my free time great visionary and worked hard to implement strategies! To have among its ranks many CEOs with those qualities his career, for names. Your best at the University of Kansas BUCKET LIST NO, ST. FRANCIS in 2012 COO. Co-Founder/Vice chairman, CERNER, hes my current boss so clearly thats the thing! Performing at air shows with my team at the job you have solid points! Peru when she fell in lovewith Peruvian textile traditions become a part of our community and the.
Ohio State Running Backs Since 2010, British Museum Audience Development Strategy, Baggage Battles Cast Death, Articles M