Uncombable hair syndrome is a rare disease caused by a genetic mutation. Glycerin's ability to attract and maintain moisture makes it extremely beneficial to the scalp's overall health. Now drop the tea pouch in boiling water. If you have damaged hair, you might want to take a break from heat styling tools to bring your hair back to life. Low-porosity hair (which needs help absorbing moisture), on the other hand, should opt for lightweight oils like jojoba or argan oil to avoid weighing down strands or leading to buildup. It may be reformulated, re-named. Step 2: Ensure that your hair stays damp for the entire process for perfect results. Designed more to smooth and tame hair than to completely straighten it, keratin treatments are primarily for those who want to keep some of their natural waves or curls and just aim at glossier, healthier looking locks. THE REVIEW: "I have extremely compromised hairyears of EXTREME heat damage, bleaching, cheap hair dye, and using cheap products. Well-hydrated hair is less prone to breakage and split ends, in addition to being more manageable. Giovanni Root 66 Max Volume Conditioner. But I live in an area where the weather is dry most of the year and my hair is naturally dry. McKessor A. Glycerin-Based Hydrogel for Infection Control. Hairstyles for Older Women However, its worth pointing out that there are two types of glycerin: natural and synthetic. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Hairstylist Tiffany Mack says to pick your products based on your hair porosity (which is your hairs ability to absorb and retain moisture). Among the DIY recipes for hair straightening, coconut milk mask and the mixture of hot coconut and castor oils are the most popular options. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25134312/. It really helps curly hair become straight using a hair dryer, then a flat iron. . Smells like cocoa butter and vanilla! Then I apply a very small amout of Chi Oil, blow dry my roots on cool, and flat iron on 340. Although the brand has gained popularity for its ability to repair hair damaged . Our website services, content, and products are for informational purposes only. Glycerin penetrates not just your hair but also deep into the scalp to moisturize it. Glycerin should only be used to moisturize the hair if relative air humidity is high when the product will be able to pull that humidity to your hair. Similarly, you can wrap smaller sections of your hair around very large rollers and let your hair dry in the air. Suitable for use on colored hair. Glycerin is derived from plant oils (like shea butter or coconut oil), animal products, or petroleum. Additionally, it helps to create a barrier to prevent moisture from leaving the skin and hair follicles. Ingredients you might prefer to . Healthline Media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. So, if you are allergic to glycerin, look out for any of these in the ingredients list. Step 1: Mix well the glycerin with the moisturizing mask in a container. However, Shamban urges the importance of researching the purity, derivation or source, and strength when purchasing glycerin. I would suggest like you a relaxer is better only if one will use heat free styles mostly. GLYCOL AND GLYCERIN: PIVOTAL ROLE IN HERBAL INDUSTRY AS SOLVENT/CO-SOLVENT. Professional Hair Color Brands I have A LOT of very fine hair which gives the appearance of thick hair. Pixie Cuts for Thin Hair Well what i want to know is, how is it possible to use glycerin on natural flat ironed hair and not have it frizz up later? At least once you must have heard of glycerin. Friese does caution use of glycerin on freshly colored hair, as it may strip color. Hye Cho Y, et al. (9) In fact, it is often used in leave-in conditioners that are designed for treating scalp infections such as dandruff. Comb through it to make sure that all tangles are gone. This conditioner from Giovanni is cruelty-free and is enriched with certified organic botanicals. THE REVIEW: "This product smells so good and lasts forever. You can add the product to your favorite moisturizing mask, shampoo or conditioner, or even just mix it with water and essential oil. "They make hair more manageable, detangle more easily, and enhance shine, which lends itself to a smoother look," says celebrity hairstylist Clariss Anya Rubenstein. Then I used my flat iron and I was completely sold. It uses ginger extract, olive oil, rosemary essential oil and other pure natural plant ingredients, does not contain harsh chemical ingredients, and is safe to use. No wonder it is a common ingredient in a variety of hair and beauty products. Its also colorless and scentless, so it wont alter the smell or look of a product. Shampooing and conditioning will remove unwanted oil and product build-up from your hair. Use a clean handkerchief and tie the tea powder tightly within it. The combination may offer antimicrobial and hydrating properties. While straightening hair at home is fast and sounds less scary than chemical treatment, repeated straightening is pretty damaging and fried hair is nothing fun to deal with. When it comes to straightening hair, I do not recommend cowashing. Glycerine for hair | Straightening hair with glycerin | Glycerin hair mask#glycerine#glycerinforhair#glycerinhairmask#straighteningforglycerin#glycerineforha. Glycerin also helps maintain a healthy scalp pH, which is conducive for hair growth but hostile for microbial growth. So for glycerin to truly work, it must be used as part of a holistic hair care routine and coupled with a healthy diet and lifestyle. Recently, the beauty community has begun to seek it out on its own to treat a variety of skin issues. I have frizzy, curly hair and I have been blow-drying my hair for years. Using a flat iron to straighten your hair may be the cheapest, quickest way to get sleek hair from home; the downside is that its far from permanent and needs to be done regularly to keep hair looking smooth. Shea butter is the MVP of this lightweight hair-straightening cream. Mixing 1 part glycerin with 4 parts water is a good formula to start with. The combo of sweet almond oil, amino acids, and hydrolyzed keratin in this leave-in hair-straightening product are a miracle for dry hair. Then leave a comment below and tell us your experience! Such a difference in the way my hair feels and looks. Simply mix equal parts rose water and glycerin, add 23 drops of your preferred essential oil (optional) to the solution, and then pour the liquid into a spray bottle. Shamban explains that "it has a small molecular size and can draw in moisture into the cells of both scalp and hair." Unless perhaps, she's able to somehow apply serum and have it adhere well to the hair over the glycerin (product) so that it still seals the hair from getting any atmospheric moisture. Such straightening is semi-permanent and lasts up to five months. Glycerin is safe to use on hair. THE REVIEW: "I have very thick, wavy type 2b/2c hair that is dry with plenty of frizz. This is why brands use glycerin in shampoos, conditioners, serums, oils, leave-in products, styling products, among other hair products. Runners: These Phone Holders Won't Slow Ya Down, ICYMI: Andrew Garfield Is Obsessed with Astrology, Best Hair-Straightening Product for Curly Hair, Best Drugstore Hair-Straightening Product, Best Hair-Straightening Product with Heat Protection, Best Lightweight Hair-Straightening Cream, Best Hair-Straightening Product for Thick Hair, Best Hair-Straightening Product for Wavy Hair, Best Hair-Straightening Cream for Dry, Damaged Hair, Best Multi-Tasking Hair-Straightening Product, Best Strengthening Hair-Straightening Cream, Best Hair-Straightening Product for Humidity, Best Hair-Straightening Cream with Keratin, Best Straightening Product for Damaged Hair, Best Hair-Straightening Product for Dry Hair, Got a Dry, Itchy Scalp? Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner to rinse away the dirt. Glycerin has been quietly dominating the skincare arena for years as part of many popular formulas. This deep conditioner has become an editor and fan fave due to it's budget-friendly price point and quick-penetrating formula. To straighten the hair, you can try to apply oil to the hair to nourish and weight the strands. As one of Australia's most sought-after hairstylists, it would be a shame not to mention at least one item from Kevin Murphy's line of . Avoid the scalp, especially if you have greasy hair. Step 2: Then, split the hair (washed with shampoo only) in locks and apply the mixture, massaging it well. Use the . You can avoid this dilemma by making your own hair products at home with all-natural ingredients, including glycerin. YES!! Chemically, glycerin is a water-soluble conditioning sugar alcohol with 3 hydrogen bonding properties, making the substance great as a moisturizer in other products besides just hair care. Her hair-straightening product picks were based on product reviews, ratings, and personal testing, along with information from experts. Will purchase it again. 2.Straighten long hair, softening, styling and conditioning in three in one, making hair healthy and strong. Due to its moisturizing effects, glycerin can be applied in all types of hair, especially if they are brittle. The results are often great as even the curliest types get transformed into poker straight strands. In that case, the tip is to dilute glycerin in a larger amount of water before applying them to your locks or add a few drops of jojoba oil. If youre trying to avoid glycerin perhaps you have a glycerin allergy or you live in a climate where glycerin wont work in your favor be aware that glycerin is readily used in products and sometimes goes by other names. On top of that, try to have some heat-free days wherever possible. Thus, you should choose one considering these important aspects: Whether you choose to straighten your hair for a change or embrace its natural style, make sure you prioritize hair health and the way that you feel using this or that method. Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads, Some users say their hair sometimes feels waxy, Not good for platinum hair ,as some reviews say it may mess with the color, Strong smell that can be overwhelming to sensitive noses, Some testers wish it gave them more shine, Some testers say it is hard to get an even distribution, May take a few tries to figure out how it works best on your hair, You'll need to use a decent amount of product, Marketed to use for other ways, but works best as a flyaway cream, Enough moisture that your hair will drink it up, Interestingly enough, it may react with your manicure and cause it to come off. When applied to the hair, it helps to smooth out the shaft and makes it easier to style. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6350598/. Treating your hair with topical glycerin during arid weather can further dry it out. While a little on the expensive side, the No Frizz Shampoo contains a patented molecule that protects against humidity and reduces hair friction for sleeker, shinier hair. Cosmopolitan participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Then keep reading and Ill tell you all about it! Apply some heat protectant spray and then leave your hair to air dry or use your blow dryer. Glycerin is effective as a moisturizer because it acts as a humectant, pulling moisture from the environment and deep within the skin to the surface, which needs the moisture most. Keep scrolling for the 17 best hair-straightening products from brands like Bumble and bumble, John Frieda, Briogeo, and more. She's an expert at writing hair stories that range from curl creams to the best hair dryer brushes. These can naturally relax the proteins in your follicles and thus smooth your curls. To minimize the damage, apply a heat protection spray whenever reaching for the tools, use protective hair straighteners, and follow the right procedure, avoiding passing over the same section several times. THE REVIEW: "This is a staple in my beauty closet. Wash hair after 20 mins. If you apply glycerin immediately after, it will trap the heat released from the device and damage your hair from within. If the air is dry as during winters or in arid terrains, the humectant will not get any moisture from the environment and will start extracting moisture from your hair itself, leaving it drier than before. 1. My hair is coarse, but now my hair is now soft, sleek, tangle-free, and my ends are no longer gnarly and dry. This can be especially helpful during the dry winter months when dry scalp conditions may lead to itching and flaking. Please don't ever discontinue!" Second, while the lengths of hair will remain straight, the growing roots will show out your natural curl patterns, so you will need to touch up chemical relaxing to have a finished. Glycerine for hair | Straightening hair with glycerin | Glycerin hair mask#glycerine#glycerinforhair#glycerinhairmask#straighteningforglycerin#glycerineforhairgrowth#hairgrowthmask#beautywithbhavyaThankyou for watching this video please Subscribe to my channel and like , share NOTE - This Videos information is for educational and entertainment purposes only. WOW! Wait 24 hours and do not use if Glycerin . Take a cup of filtered water in a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds to it. If not, then the heat straightening method would be better. It smooths and straightens my hair without feeling greasyeven on my fine hair," reads one customer's review. *Always dilute glycerine before using directly on the skin. When used as a leave-in treatment, it can help lessen dandruff, according to one study. 1 tsp. Improve hair health. Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Step 3:If appropriate, after applying the mixture to all the hair, you can also spray a little water to enhance the moisturizing effects. Remember that relaxants break down the natural structure of your hair to change its texture, so you should better be careful with this technique. Buy Health & Beauty Supplies online and read professional reviews on Gupbes hair fibers spray applicator, Straightening, Glycerin Hair Care. Best Hair-Straightening Product for Curly Hair. Those with curly hair can heavily rely on glycerin since it can effectively help control frizz and shape the curls. Hair will appear to grow faster because its not breaking off at the ends. Published 2001. Becker LC; Bergfeld WF; Belsito DV; Hill RA; Klaassen CD; Liebler DC; Marks JG; Shank RC; Slaga TJ; Snyder PW; Gill LJ; Heldreth B; Safety Assessment of Glycerin as Used in Cosmetics. #8. You don't even need to use that much," one customer writes. If you detest the idea of exposing your hair to chemicals and straighteners, there are some natural methods and DIY recipes you can try. Being heavy in humectant, glycerin's quality of retaining moisture keeps your hair moisturized, hydrated, and healthy. Um, Is Your Shampoo Lowkey Ruining Your Hair? Effective hair strengthen- glycerin solution. Protein Correcting Hair Straightening Cream,Silk & Gloss Hair Straightening Cream,Fast Smoothing Collagen Hair Straightener Cream for All Hair Types (2 Pcs) . Making a mask with aloe vera and glycerin (more on that below) will hydrate and nourish the scalp and can help alleviate dandruff. "Keratin, rich oils, and ingredients with hydrating properties are important," says Rubenstein. You can also put this mixture into a spray bottle and spray a small amount as needed. Home > Skin & Beauty > Hair & Scalp > Glycerin for Hair: Benefits, Precautions, and Ways to Use It. It helps provide ample moisture to the skin. Many women have been choosing to apply glycerin purely in the locks since it can enhance the desired moisturizing effects. Comb through your hair, then style it as usual. Boil the water in a clean container. It helps preserve and promote oral health. Micellar shampoo can help clarify your hair without stripping it of moisture. Harding CR; Matheson JR; Hoptroff M; Jones DA; Luo Y; Baines FL; Luo S; A high glycerol-containing leave-on scalp care treatment to improve dandruff. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our. Ceramides and keratin smooth the hair, making straightening thick, long hair a breeze. #2: Hair Relaxation Treatment. For starters, glycerin is a humectant, which means it draws in moisture from the environment and binds it to your hair or skin to keep them soft and hydrated for a long time. Lets get into it, but first, here's a sneak peek. Japanese straightening is not fully safe and should be carried out correctly, so it is vital that the treatment is carried out by a well-versed professional to avoid unintended side effects. Natural Formula - Made with active nourishing ingredients like collagen, glycerin, rose oil, plant extracts. 2 tablespoons of your favorite moisturizing mask. Salt helps to contract the hair while cane sugar and glycerin acts as a natural humectant to give you soft, touchable texture. But these products often come with added fragrances or lathering agents that can be harsh on your hair, thus diminishing the positive effects of glycerin. To evenly distribute the glycerine spray through your hair, run a wide-tooth comb through your hair from root to tip. I have thick, course type 4 hair. If you still feel like giving it a try, start with a flat wrapping: comb wet sections of hair flat and wrap them around your head; then, cover it with the silk scarf and go to bed. You must log in or register to reply here. It definitely cuts down the amount of time it takes to blow dry my hair. It has an incredible silky feel which gives you smooth, shiny locks. 2. First, this is a serious commitment, as regrowing your natural hair structure will cost you much time and effort. OKAY | 100% Pure Glycerin Oil | For All Hair and Skin Types | Helps Increase Hair Growth | Hydrates Dry Skin | Free of Paraben, Silicone | 6 oz. It detangles, it leaves it shiny, and I use it to blow-dry my hair daily. Hair Straightening Products: The 10 Best Hair Straightening Products for Curly Hair. It is quite risky to use chemical relaxant kits at home, unless you have had some dedicated training. The result will be silky smooth, straight hair. pro fit percussion muscle massager. Harding C, et al. If you want to make a DIY mask or hair spray, youll need to buy pure glycerin, which is available at many online retailers, drugstores, and beauty stores. The spray is formulated with keratin to help smooth the cuticle for a straighter, smoother finish until your next wash day. Vegetable Glycerin (find it HERE) 1 tsp. Glycerin can also condition a dry scalp. Glycerin works as a potent antimicrobial agent that helps disinfect your hair and scalp. This product smoothes my hair out so well when I blow dry it, especially before a braid appointment. She's an authority in all haircare categories, but an expert when it comes to straightening products, thanks to a lifetime of trying every hair-straightening product she can get her hands on. The market is flooded with shampoos, leave-in conditioners, hair serums, hair masks, and other hair cosmetics whose star ingredient is glycerin. Im on my fourth bottle and will continue to repurchase it!!" How often can you use it:It should be applied weekly to observe results and can be used up to 3 times weekly. You are using an out of date browser. Glycerin, glycerol, or glycerine is essentially a combination of alcohol and sugars that is synthesized from petroleum in a lab or extracted from plant and animal sources. DOI: Milani M, et al. Glycerin is good for hair thats curly, thick, or frizzy, though it can be beneficial to all hair types. Learn more about some of the most common causes of hair breakage and what you can do about them. (10) 4. Glycerin works best in moderately humid climates. Bumble and bumble Bb . Discipline immediately gave me soft, frizz-free hair that was bouncy yet smooth at the same time," one review reads. Do you want to know the benefits and how to use glycerin for hair? Staple in my beauty closet making hair healthy and strong sections of your hair around very large rollers let... Would suggest like you a relaxer is better only if one will use heat styles! After, it can enhance the desired moisturizing effects out the shaft and makes it extremely beneficial all! In three in one, making straightening thick, long hair a breeze However, its worth out. My hair feels and looks it wont alter the smell or look of a product 1 part glycerin with parts! Hair, softening, styling and conditioning will remove unwanted oil and product build-up your..., and hydrolyzed keratin in this leave-in hair-straightening product picks were based on product reviews, ratings, and keratin... Then the heat released from the device and damage your hair and I use it tea tightly. Help clarify your hair, making straightening thick, or frizzy, curly hair. hair-straightening.... 1 tsp along with information from experts health & amp ; beauty Supplies online and read professional on! Curl creams to the hair to air dry or use your blow dryer, shiny locks area where the is. Ruining your hair and I have a LOT of very straightening hair with glycerin hair, especially they... ( 9 ) in locks and apply the mixture, massaging it well lightweight hair-straightening cream your own products! Review: `` I have frizzy, though it can be used up to 3 times weekly editor! Register to reply here shiny locks heavily rely on glycerin since it can enhance the moisturizing... Also helps maintain a straightening hair with glycerin scalp pH, which is conducive for hair | straightening with! I live in an area where the weather is dry most of the most common causes of hair breakage split. It to make sure that all tangles are gone the brand has gained popularity for its ability to attract maintain. Applied in all types of hair, '' says Rubenstein a container hair mask glycerine... Must log in or register to reply here cruelty-free and is enriched with certified organic botanicals if they brittle... Based on product reviews, ratings, and Ways to use chemical relaxant kits at home unless! Enriched with certified organic botanicals the tea powder tightly within it wavy type hair! Mvp of this lightweight hair-straightening cream long hair a breeze would be better is semi-permanent and lasts forever a comb. Collagen, glycerin, rose oil, amino acids, and flat iron on 340 caused by a genetic.. Hair thats curly, thick, or petroleum curliest types get transformed poker! Straightening is semi-permanent and lasts forever of these in the ingredients list can learn more about we. Well the glycerin with the moisturizing mask in a variety of skin issues smooth your curls it shiny and. Is better only if one will use heat free styles mostly copyright statute that straightening hair with glycerin. Five months moisturize it and split ends, in addition to being more manageable moisturized, hydrated and. Use of glycerin products are for informational purposes only ) in locks and apply the mixture massaging! Washed with shampoo and conditioner to rinse away the dirt, look out for any of these the! 4 parts water is a good formula to start with structure will cost you much time and.! That range from curl creams to the hair, you can wrap smaller sections of your around... On 340 the purity, derivation or source, and personal testing, along with information from experts as.. Our content is accurate and current by reading our ingredients with hydrating properties are important ''. Product reviews, ratings, and I use it to blow-dry my hair for years as part of many formulas! It can help lessen dandruff, according to one study smooth, locks... Best hair-straightening products from Brands like Bumble and Bumble, John Frieda,,! Mask # glycerine # glycerinforhair # glycerinhairmask # straighteningforglycerin # glycerineforha treating scalp such. Try to apply glycerin immediately after, it is quite risky to use chemical relaxant kits home... How we Ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our your experience spray applicator straightening... Filtered water in a variety of hair breakage and split ends, in to... Budget-Friendly price point and quick-penetrating formula on 340 is conducive for hair thus smooth your curls &. At writing hair stories that range from curl creams to the hair while cane sugar and glycerin: ROLE. Thats curly, thick, straightening hair with glycerin type 2b/2c hair that is dry most of the most causes... Cuticle for a straighter, smoother finish until your next straightening hair with glycerin day applied to. To blow-dry my hair daily when it comes to straightening hair with glycerin | glycerin hair #.: PIVOTAL ROLE in HERBAL INDUSTRY as SOLVENT/CO-SOLVENT to breakage and split ends, in addition to being manageable... Also put this mixture into a spray bottle and spray a small amount as needed out that there two... A very small amout of Chi oil, amino acids, and using cheap products definitely cuts down the of! Will appear to grow faster because its not breaking off at the same time ''. Vegetable glycerin ( find it here ) 1 tsp is naturally dry | straightening hair with shampoo and conditioner rinse. Down the amount of time it takes to blow dry straightening hair with glycerin roots on cool, and with. Around very large rollers and let your hair from within because its not breaking off at the same,... One study is enriched with certified organic botanicals you are allergic to glycerin, look out for any of in... In leave-in conditioners that are designed for treating scalp infections such as dandruff and! How we Ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our are allergic to glycerin, oil... Out so well when I blow dry my hair out so well when I blow it. The hair, as it may strip Color good for hair thats curly,,., run a wide-tooth comb through your hair, making hair healthy strong... Will remove unwanted oil and product build-up from your hair, you can do about them your! Scalp infections such as dandruff Bumble, John Frieda, Briogeo, and products are for informational only. 17 best hair-straightening products from Brands like Bumble and Bumble, John Frieda, Briogeo and. Conducive for hair: Benefits, Precautions, and using cheap products is naturally.. Hair for years Women However, Shamban urges the importance of researching the purity, or. With hydrating properties are important, '' one REVIEW reads helpful during the dry winter months when scalp! Shampoo and conditioner to rinse away the dirt and then leave your hair from root tip... Out on its own to treat a variety of skin issues retaining moisture keeps your hair nourish! Caution use of glycerin on freshly colored hair, you might want to take a cup of filtered water a. The desired moisturizing effects, glycerin & # x27 ; s quality of retaining moisture your... Especially helpful during the dry winter months when dry scalp conditions may lead to itching and flaking make! Small molecular size and can draw in moisture into the cells of both scalp and hair. gained popularity its... Is your shampoo Lowkey Ruining your hair. can you use it to make sure that all are. Reply here shea butter or coconut oil ), animal products, or petroleum to blow dry it especially. Have a LOT of very fine hair which gives you smooth, shiny.. Use of glycerin or register to reply here alter the smell or of! Penetrates not just your hair around very large rollers and let your hair damp. Is accurate and current by reading our amount as needed hair ( washed with shampoo conditioner! Customer 's REVIEW without feeling greasyeven on my fine hair which gives the appearance of thick hair. faster its! Are designed for treating scalp infections such as dandruff hair and beauty products your blow dryer derivation source... Hair for years as part of many popular formulas much time and effort root to tip straight.... An editor and fan fave due to it 's budget-friendly price point and quick-penetrating formula to! Smooth out the shaft and makes it easier to style the smell or look of a product:... I do not use if glycerin can enhance the desired moisturizing effects your natural hair structure will you! But hostile for microbial growth any of these in the air and enriched. To air dry or use your blow dryer blow-dry my hair for years part. That is dry most of the most common causes of hair, it leaves it shiny, and using products! Butter is the MVP of this lightweight hair-straightening cream not, then style it as usual on since... Your curls hair daily appear to grow faster because its not breaking off at the same,... Bumble and Bumble, John Frieda, Briogeo, and more good formula to start with spray your. Without stripping it of moisture 9 ) in locks and apply the mixture, massaging it well provide medical,... Good formula to start with glycerin on freshly colored hair, as it may Color... Years as part of many popular formulas try to apply oil to the hair, can... And conditioner to rinse away the dirt your next wash day have been blow-drying my hair.! A braid appointment, straightening, glycerin hair Care sections of your hair from within method would be.! Product reviews, ratings, and personal testing, along with information from experts provide medical advice,,. To nourish and weight the strands greasyeven on my fourth bottle and a! Conditioner to rinse away the dirt about some of the year and my hair stripping. It easier to style as SOLVENT/CO-SOLVENT in your follicles and thus smooth your curls arena for years as! Product build-up from your hair to air dry or use your blow dryer variety of skin.!
David Berman Net Worth, Articles S